A National Science Foundation sponsored professional development workshop for Ph.D. students (and postdocs if appropriate). EBICS accepts at least 3 students every year – so there’s a place for you!
The workshop, which will run from August 5 to August 10, 2018 in Indianapolis, IN,
Participants will be taught strategies to:
- Identify and assess the distinct combination of their expertise, interests, skills, and values and through this process be able to articulate their distinctiveness to others.
- Learn the skills of self-advocacy and negotiation as owners of their own professional development and career choices.
- Become more aware of their biases and understand how to work collaboratively with others in interdisciplinary teams.
- Further enhance their verbal/written communications, teaching/training, resource development and knowledge transfer skills, through actual team projects and presentations.
- Research career fields beyond traditional academic opportunities and launch a job search.
- Create their own developmental professional/personal network and manage those relationships professionally and effectively.
More information/Application is available at http://www.soihub.org/stcworkshop.
Applications are due by June 15, 2018.