The Sun UK News:
Scientists create fleshy ‘bio-bots’ made of living cells which can wriggle and walk
Scientists have been developing the mini bio-bots using human tissue
by MARGI MURPHY
14th February 2017, 4:59 pm
Updated: 14th February 2017, 5:04 pm
This is an actual headline for an article about bio-bots.
- What key words jump out at you that the public might take as a negative?
- How could these words be harmful to future work on biobots?
- What kind of guidelines should EBICS have in place to be able to address these type of buzz words and headlines?
- Module 1: Creating Biological Machines: The BioBot
- Module 2: Hyper-organs and Engineered Biological Functions
- Module 3: Ethical Issues in the Conduct of Multi-institutional, Collaborative, Interdisciplinary Research
- Module 4: Emergent Behavior
- Module 5: The 14-day Rule
- Module 6: Multiple Ethics Concerns in Multicellular Engineered Living Systems