Upon completion of this module:
- Center members will understand responsible research conduct, ethical concerns, and conduct themselves in an ethically responsible way.
- Center members will be able to anticipate and evaluate potential ethical implications of engineering new life forms and conduct themselves in ethically responsible ways.
- The public will be aware of and understand the ethical implications of the EBICS discipline.
To complete this module, you should:
- Watch the short video below.
- Review the readings and media clips.
- Read the vignettes and respond to the questions.
- Module 1: Creating Biological Machines: The BioBot
- Module 2: Hyper-organs and Engineered Biological Functions
- Module 3: Ethical Issues in the Conduct of Multi-institutional, Collaborative, Interdisciplinary Research
- Module 4: Emergent Behavior
- Module 5: The 14-day Rule
- Module 6: Multiple Ethics Concerns in Multicellular Engineered Living Systems