EBICS faces several challenges in implementing a cross-institutional and multidisciplinary ethics program that will guide all members of the Center on ethical and responsible conduct of research. The EBICS website is a resource for Center members and others to address ethical topics related to EBICS research, and includes four Ethics Modules. For additional information about our Ethics Modules, please contact our Knowledge Transfer Co-Director, Dr. Lizanne DeStefano.
- Implement a cross-disciplinary and multi-institutional ethics program that will inform and guide all members of the Center on ethical and responsible conduct of scientific research.
- Engage in active dialogue with experts and the public regarding ethically scientific research.
- Engage in active dialogue with experts and the public regarding ethically contentious issues arising from the Center’s research.
- Module 1: Creating Biological Machines: The BioBot
- Module 2: Hyper-organs and Engineered Biological Functions
- Module 3: Ethical Issues in the Conduct of Multi-institutional, Collaborative, Interdisciplinary Research
- Module 4: Emergent Behavior
- Module 5: The 14-day Rule
- Module 6: Multiple Ethics Concerns in Multicellular Engineered Living Systems