Freshman Discovery Class Presents Posters on EBICS-related Research
Congratulations to the Fall 2011 Freshman Discovery class, Interdisciplinary Research and Education in Biology, Engineering, and Health Science! On Wednesday, December 14, they presented posters on various topics, including:
- Cancer Research and Education
- Genomic Biology
- Itegration of Education and Research
- Veterinary Medicine
The course was taught by EBICS faculty @ Illinois: Professors K. Jimmy Hsia, Rashid Bashir, Martha Gillette, Taher Saif, and Lizanne DeStefano, and EBICS Educational Programs Manager Dr. Phoebe E. Lenear. Its objectives were to:
- Prepare students to become future researchers and education leaders in the new EBICS discipline, with expertise in both Biology and Engineering.
- Introduce students to EBICS research in order to promote interest, understanding, and participation.
- Introduce students to interdisciplinary education and research programs and career opportunities.